Are you sleep deprived???
Do you spend your night’s waiting for sleep to come?
If this is you here is a list of 10 tips to help you get to fall asleep sooner and to help you to sleep longer.
1. Exercise: Studies show that exercising each day will help you to sleep better. If you are to busy to workout everyday even a light walk, or 20 minutes of yoga can do the trick.
2. Schedule: Stick to a bedtime schedule. Try to go to bed and wake at the same time each day. This schedule will help your body to get into a routine of wake and sleep.
3. No Caffeine: Try not to have any caffeine past noon. And that means chocolate too!!
4. Keep cool: Turn your thermostat down. Experts suggest no higher than 68 degrees at night. You can also turn on a fan for more of a cooling effect.
5. Food: Eat a light snack at least an hour before bed. Fruit and nuts are one of the healthier choices.
6. Meditation: Set some time aside for relaxing without distractions from the real world. Meditating can help you release the stress of your day, inviting a more relaxed sleeping experience.
7. Journal writing: Starting a journal and writing each night can release your stress and free your mind.
8. Natural herbs and oils: Lavender is a wonderful sleep aid. using an eye pillow filled with lavender will help to relax you by using your sense of smell.
9. Tea: Having a hot cup of tea before bed helps in relaxing the body and mind. Just about any tea will do just make sure it is caffeine free.
10. Turn off all lights and machines: Televisions, computers, phones. Using these items in your bed tends to over stimulate the mind and it makes it harder to start the sleep process. If light bothers you using a sleep mask can be beneficial.
By following these simple tips you may begin to sleep like this….
Good night and may all your dreams be happy ones!!
Pingback: How To Prepare Your Body Before Pregnancy